It’s New Year’s Eve and I’m home on the couch not well. Go figure.
But as I sit here, missing out on a super fun night with friends, I can’t help but reflect on the last 12-months.
2015 – a year that brought big change to my life.
- I retired from my career in Advertising. Just like that. I woke one Sunday morning and knew that I needed a life altering change – and my career was it.
- One of my best friends passed away after a short battle with cancer. Michelle’s passing significantly changed how I live and love.
- I spent a few months hanging with my kids, rediscovering what I was passionate about.
- I started writing again.
- I crewed for Adam’s 100-mile trail race in Leadville, CO with Vicky & Nunzio. One of the most inspirational moments of my life.
- I laughed and smiled more than I had in years.
- I started a new career working at a Not-for-Profit, Plan International Canada.
The events of 2015 changed my world in a profound way – I have rediscovered and redefined what happiness means to me. And I have chosen to live each day happy.
As this year comes to a close, I am thankful for my memories of Michelle, for the time we have spent with family and friends, for the love of my Phineas, and for the changes I was brave enough to make in the last 12-months.
I am excited about the year ahead and the adventures that Nunzio, Emma, Ethan and I will experience together; the laughter, smiles and happiness we will share.
And to those that actually read my dribble, thank you. I hope you have your happiness defined and are living it each and every day!
2015… you taught me lots and helped me find my happier self… I wonder what 2016 will bring, other than 44?
She really does like him. I swear. December 30, 2015